Scheduled for: Saturday, 6/1–6/8, 10:00 am–12:00 pm, 2 wks
Registration available after 4/16.
Ever visit a natural history museum and wonder at how the insects and plants are set in such a wonderful display? With this workshop you will learn how to properly collect plants to press for an herbarium specimen, and you will collect insects to pin for a display case. This workshop begins with a quick tutorial on plant and insect identification and then moves outdoors to collect both plants and insects to be prepared for herbarium and entomological cataloging. Registration available after 4/16.
• Why we make specimen collections
• A brief history of specimen collections
• How to make herbarium and insect collections
• Herbarium exploration, in person and online
• Insect exploration, in person and online
• Butterfly nets
• Insect pins and boxes
• Herbarium paper and glue
• Plant press