Use Excel's power to perform routine tasks with the click of a button! Suitable for those who want to record and customize Excel macros without having to learn the entire Visual Basic for Applications programming language.
The class will provide a description of how to record macros and then illustrate a series of techniques for modifying them, including recording and running macros, using loops, using variables, reading and writing specific cells, and customizing recorded attributes, such as print options. Students are asked to bring a thumb drive to save work on.
• Experience using Microsoft Excel.
• Using the Macro Recorder
• Launching the Visual Basic Editor
• Attaching macros to the Quick Access Toolbar
Editing a Macro
• Changing cell references
• Commenting Out Lines of Code
• Using the Intellisense editor
Modifying Specific Cells
• Reading from and writing to specific cells.
• Obtaining input from the user when the code is run.
• Using variables for calculations and concatenations of various input.
• Repeating a series of actions for a specific number of times
• Using While loops to repeat a series of actions for an entire list
• Stepping through a series of cells