The Pioneer Valley Institute often runs Fall and Spring day trip bus programs and this Connecticut trip will be an excellent way to celebrate spring. You will be transported back to a very warm time in Connecticut Valley history: the Jurassic. The Valley region was approximately at the same latitude as southern Mexico 200 million years ago. We will explore the geologic evidence of our “deep history” of this fascinating time of a world dominated by dinosaurs!
There will be two destinations: Yale’s Peabody Museum of Natural History (New Haven) and Dinosaur State Park (Rocky Hill).
* Times: Depart GCC (Lot A) at 9:00
• Pickup in Northampton (Walmart lot) at 9:20
* Arrive Dinosaur State Park, Rocky Hill at 11:00 – 12:15. Tour track displays. (Picnic area available on lawn. No café or food allowed inside.
* 12:30 depart Dinosaur State Park).
* 1:30 Arrive Yale University, Peabody Museum.
* A one hour docent tour “Highlights of the Museum” will be arranged. Then time on your own.
* Depart at 4 pm. Arrive Greenfield at 6 pm.
$75 with shuttle or $25 drive alone.