Starting with the basics and advancing as far as the individual can manage, topics include brazing, soldering, sheet metal forming and welding, basic MIG welding techniques, material cutting, fitting and preparation to weld. Getting to know the critical safety components of how to use hand and power tools (grinders, shears, torches, etc.). At the end of this course students should have the welding skills needed to handle basic auto body welding repairs, build basic boxes, railings, benches, most hobbies, and some artistry. Useful for job upgrading, artistic uses and do-it-yourself.
Maximum 10 students, sign up early!
Materials required for class:
• Oxy- Acetylene goggles: approximate price $9
• Long Leather Welding Gloves: approximate price $7
• Safety glasses: approximate price $5
• Proper work shoes/boots (no sandals or sneakers)
• Long sleeve welding shirt (100% cotton shirt works as well, but two layers recommended)
• Denim pants (a.k.a. Blue jeans) or Welding Pants
• Ear plugs: approximate price $5
Materials recommended for class:
• Arc welding helmet with auto-dimming: approximate price $49-$54