Use Excel's power to perform routine tasks with the click of a button! Suitable for those who want to record and customize Excel macros without having to learn the entire Visual Basic for Applications programming language.
The class will provide a description of how to record macros and then illustrate a series of techniques for modifying them, including recording and running macros, using loops, using variables, reading and writing specific cells, and customizing recorded attributes, such as print options.
• Experience using Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with recording macros in Microsoft Excel and experience with programming concepts is helpful.
• Using the Macro Recorder
• Launching the Visual Basic Editor
• Attaching macros to the Quick Access Toolbar
Editing a Macro
• Changing cell references
• Commenting Out Lines of Code
• Using the Intellisense editor
Modifying Specific Cells
• Reading from and writing to specific cells.
• Obtaining input from the user when the code is run.
• Using variables for calculations and concatenations of various input.
• Repeating a series of actions for a specific number of times
• Using While loops to repeat a series of actions for an entire list
• Stepping through a series of cells